DYSLEXIA🧠

I have been sent to many praying centres,

Beaten and bruised because I can’t string a sentence

And unable to excel-

Amongst my friends

Daddy can’t understand,

Why I keep sinking academically like sand

And mummy is still confused,

Why I keep saying refuse instead of refuse

Why I keep writing son as sun,

And mistaking father as farther

Therefore, they went in search of a red goat,

And a black rabbit

They killed animals for my sake,

And added anointing oil to my plate

All in the quest of making me,

An unemployed graduate

No one bothered at how I paddled my boat,

Or whether I felt at home

I am nothing but the black sheep,

In a Black family

There is no love here!

STANZA 2

I have been criticised, beaten and chastised,

Yet still, I confuse crisis with Christ

There is a quiet loudness,

Deafening me inside

I have no one to turn to!

And oh! When I think there is refuge,

In my friends at school

My world takes a sharp turn,

Just because I can’t read or spell

Home feels strange, and school feels like a zoo,

I am in a world seen as a fool

STANZA 3

I am seen as a fraudster,

For unable to spell my name

A lost child

Unable to speak a foreign language 

When words tend to look like pictures,

and letters jump around

Then I become the class’s favourite clown,

Because of my unfortunate blisters

When word becomes world,

and I see the letter b as d

that shouldn’t warrant you to beat me,

or label me as someone weird

Aren’t  we all victims of tongue twisters,

Yet nobody dares make a sound

Then why is it that, when our sight or hearing tricks us,

We become the laughing stock in town


BeYunus 🐳

JANUARY 2023.

Comments

People's Choice

THE ICED WATER SELLER: A Review

EMBODIMENT🌹❤

MYSTERY🧖‍♀️

BLACK APPLE 🍎

LUST😍😕😱