EWIASE🌍

 

EWIASE

@Damson Iddris

Salary ain't increasing in weight,

And height

Three square meals on our plates,

Seems nothing but plights

Headlines on TVs,

No longer preach peace but fights

No one knows where we're heading,

Not even the kites

Trips to Qatar and Kuwait,

Have been cancelled due to frights

From scammers these days

Feasting on us like fries

Hard to rate,

This connection man and his vibes

His words seem to motivate,

But them all be lies

My classmates,

Are there taking flights

To the States

Like they own the skies

Then they text me to anticipate,

While I languish on diet

Meanwhile life hits me in the face,

As they're outside

This road ain't straight,

So sayeth my sight

But who am I to complain,

Whilst life continues to advertise

Patience wants to spoil my name,

But I won't give her that bite

Faith wants to be a deadly fate,

but I won't give her that knife

Even the preacher man wants me

To pay my tithe

And I can no longer wait,

To tell him my mind

Squad be out there enjoying buffet,

While my tummy cries

Gov’t blaming the war between Russia and Ukraine

Yet its economy fails to see daylight

If this life is a relay,

I'm waiting for my time

Until then, they should be in their lane,

And I will be in mine

If you're sipping Moet,

I'm enjoying my Happy Delight

If you're popping champagne,

I'm uncorking my bottle of Sprite

Don't come use your reggae,

Spoil my highlife

Carry your bae,

Leave my poolside

Life is full of tricky ways,

That's why I wish to survive

So don't misbehave,

And mess-up my surprise

Genuine or fake,

I'm trying to be alive

Fiction or non-fiction

I'm alright

BeYunus🐳

2022♨️.

EWIASE is an Akan (Ghanaian language) word for World.

Comments

People's Choice

THE ICED WATER SELLER: A Review

EMBODIMENT🌹❤

MYSTERY🧖‍♀️

BLACK APPLE 🍎

LUST😍😕😱