BLACKOUT

 

BLACKOUT

What’s in a world filled with insecurities?

Our waterbodies brown like tea

What’s in a world filled with injustices?

No solution to the helpless citizenry

The nation hard like WASSCE,

Pockets filled with nothing

Situations piling up like electricity bills,

And nothing to amend this shit

I beg no sympathy

For my dark and lovely

I beg no sympathy

For my misery

But it is what it is,

Her sweet love extinguished

She sacrificed hers for mine,

By standing in the shadow so I could shine

Gave up her last breath,

Without her last words

If anyone here can relate

How it feels to lose a favourite

Save me from this terrible fate,

For it hurts seeing her cold face

Help me stay alive and safe,

Strengthen me with words of faith

Death is venomous than a snake,

Sharper than a fan blade

Death brings disgrace,

It fled home with my wife, Grace

Death disguises in many ways,

Intimidating us like the last days

In a country filled with dum sor,

Nothing is real for sure

Life keeps flickering on and off,

Making our love life difficult

Mine just stepped out of the door,

I am not sure I can live anymore

Blackout,

Love you all

Blackout

Sorry I am gone.


^dum sor= term used in Ghana for power erratic supply



@BeYunus10 on Instagram 

JUNE 15

 

Comments

People's Choice

THE ICED WATER SELLER: A Review

EMBODIMENT🌹❤

MYSTERY🧖‍♀️

BLACK APPLE 🍎

LUST😍😕😱